Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Why this Blog?

I am on a journey... one that caps a long wilderness journey that began upon my arrival home from the Middle East last November, 2009. A mix of things play into that wilderness... the death of my Mother in October, 2009; a week before my return to the Middle East... the stress and realities of a call/job that was not working, and the human realities that slip in, even in a Christian setting... my health, that took a huge downturn upon my arrival home... and my discernment since Spring, 2009 of understanding the doors that have closed and looking toward the doors that will open and which one or ones I am being call toward. There's more but that pretty much sets the stage for the past year.

In a final trip in my current call I will travel to Lebanon and Syria for a consultation with the Presbyterian Church (USA) Syria-Lebanon and Iraq Mission Networks. Prior to that I decided to have a couple days in Paris for respite to ground myself before a time of closure and a time of opening my heart to the realities of others suffering. Before I come home I will have some time to see people I love and who have become my Middle East family.

Many people want to hear/see about this journey. Facebook seemed to limited to share so thus, this blog... and I must say, I am a bit reluctant of what I can share. With the ending of my job, and the meeting with Iraqis... both hold need for security and judgement as to what I may share. I hope I am able to share what's on my heart without offending, and by doing so, find more clarity and also let others in to share this journey. May it be so... onward...


I choose this photo I took last year of a Sunset at Saint Simon Citadel, Syria... just north of Aleppo. It is in the midst of ancient ruins with these strong trees framing the sunset with their strength and life. Sunrises and Sunsets are one of life's greatest gifts to me... always showing the rhythm and the need for endings and beginnings...

No comments:

Post a Comment